• Learn what can be enforced and when.
• One parent files to enforce.
• The case is reopened.
• The other parent responds.
Wait for the Court.
- The court may decide the request (case closed). Or,
- The court may schedule a hearing (go to Step 4).
• The parents get ready for a hearing.
• The parents present information to the Judge.
• The Judge makes a final decision.
After the Final Decision
Learn how and when you can:
- Get the other parent to follow the Final Decision.
- Change the Final Decision.
- Note - You may need to wait two years before the court will consider another change.
- Have a higher court review the Final Decision.